- For one of the more obvious reasons; height. I love the feeling of being tall which in retrospect gives me some sort of strange authority.
- My legs look longer in heels. Don’t judge. Just let me live my life believing that fact.
- It feels nice to walk around at work and be able to see above the filing cabinets and cubicle walls, and at the same time get the attention of the hottie at the back of the office from afar.
- For the boost in confidence I get each time my heels enhance my outfit. Oh, who am I kidding! I chose my heels first, then my outfit. Not the other way around.
- It makes me feel more of a woman.
Get this – According to Dr Ed Morrison, a psychology lecturer at the University of Plymouth, wearing high heels changes the way a woman walks which in turn makes her look more attractive to both men and women.
“When women wear high heels it makes them walk in a more feminine way,” he says. “I don’t think women are consciously aware of it. They don’t think, I want to walk like a woman today, they have just found they get more attention when they wear heels. It’s probably a subconscious idea.”
There you go. My belief substantiated by Dr Ed Morrison.
Do you want to know how I do it?
This is how to walk in high heels:
Knowing how to walk correctly in heels is important. What I’ve picked up on when I was fifteen years old (honestly, I don’t know where I got this info because I wasn’t wearing any heels at fifteen) is that when you walk, if you slightly exaggerate the sway in your hips, you are doing it right.
Once you put your heels on the first thing you should do is balance a book over your head (that’s how I started too – lol at me). This will make your body stand straight (ideally you should feel like being pulled by a string).
Start taking small steps, making sure you touch the heel to the floor first as you do, followed by the balls of your feet. Then, once your weight is on the balls of your feet, sway the hip and push it forward for the next step.
You should look like one those models on the fashion walkways; you must have seen them, the sway in their hips is visibly pronounced. Just copy that and you’ll do good.
Honestly, it doesn’t even need that much practise. It’s like learning to drive a car, once you know how the gears work, your reflex takes over.
Right. Are you ready to try it out?
Yes? No? Maybe?
Do let me know how you’ll find it.
Oh and psst….
Check out my pinterest board Sexy Heels for inspiration.